Sunday, August 22, 2010

Our Last night with the Prince...

After the Prince moved into his dorm, after his first day of school, and before we left him early the next morning...we walked a couple of miles to a Starbucks.


The last picture of them together...





Walking back after Starbucks...he was being the big brother and being protective of her. She had made comments off and on about how she was "getting ready to be miserable" and "I miss you already" at random times.

We enjoyed our time after dinner and just enjoyed being leisurely.


I'm sure NO ONE slept that night for all the sugar we took in...but we did it together. :)
Back at the dorm before we said our good-byes...

Sweetness...

A "Noogie" to remember me...

A kiss you least expect because I really do love you...


This one brought tears...We had one last group hug and prayed over the Prince before we sent him home for the night. When we finished, he draped his arms over my shoulder and began to pray aloud over me...thanking God for a Mother like me ("The best mom in the world") and then he moved on to his sister and prayed over her, and then his father, saying the sweetest words of thanks to our God for his family. When I looked at the King, his eyes were filled with unshed tears. We are abundantly proud of our young man and terribly sorry to see this time of life arrive.
There is more to share...just not right now. We are adjusting. He is doing famously well! We've talked to him several times and he and his roommate are getting along. His dorm parents loved him the moment that he started answering questions without them having to PULL the answers out of him.
We've already been told by a friend who lives there that two separate people pointed the Prince out and commented on what a fine young man he is. We couldn't be more proud of him and we couldn't miss him more.

3 comments:

PandaMom said...

Bawling! Bawling! Bawling!!!

Unknown said...

Seriously, you know that I don't cry and there are tears in my eyes as I read this.

Terri said...

crying! Have seen his posts on fb and he seems to be really doing well. You raised a wonderful young man. I know you are proud. missing him like crazy I am sure. love you!