Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A nice surprise...

While working on the computer and listening to my husband give piano lessons to the kids...we were interrupted. I think I've said before that we live off a river that runs through our city. At times it is THE MOST beautiful place to be. Standing on the balcony just viewing God's handiwork. Well, tonight we were interrupted by the sound of fireworks. Thinking they were just the firecrackers we here so often, I ignored them and continued on with responding to a few emails. Until I heard the King say, "Kids! Stop everything and come here!" Of course, I got up, too. There were two large boats(yachts) cruising down the river all lit up and the front boat was shooting fireworks for the back boat to enjoy. We've heard about a dinner cruise that is supposed to be fabulous...wonder if this is it. Anyway. I was so absorbed in the sights and watching my kids enjoy it that I forgot to get my camera. As they passed, I grabbed the camera and ran to the back balcony to try to catch a few shots...this is what I got.










...under the bridge...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I was on that balcony again. I miss you all!
MKRH

PandaMom said...

That is so beautiful and COOL!!!

Totally remember all those pics of Princess!! So cute. ; )

Anonymous said...

WOW that is perty!
-flea

Unknown said...

That's cool!

Terri said...

Awesome!!!!