Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day...

It used to be that I thought that flowers given to me as a gift were sort of a waste of money. I was too busy to enjoy them. Plain and simple. But these days, they are a treasure and continual reminder that I'm loved. Who doesn't want that? My hubby is gone a lot and my son doesn't live with us. My oldest daughter is in school all day now after years of homeschooling. So, it is with two little people who demand so much from and of me that I spend my time. I love it, really I do. But today is the Monday after Mother's Day and I'm home with them and no one else and feeling very loved. Why? Because my family gave me exactly what I needed for Mother's Day. They were all here at my house to love on me, they gave me a long nap away from the concerns of the Little people, and flowers. Today, the day after, they are all gone, but I'm rested and looking at flowers from those I love most. A sweet blessing. Now, lest you think that it was a grandiose bouquet...it wasn't. Isn't. Those are hard to find over here. These are individually picked...one of each of several kinds, tied together with a purple pipe cleaner. The most beautiful ever...
Thank you, sweet family, for the blessing of being your wife and mother.

No comments: