Thursday, August 04, 2011

A moment in time...

Just another reason I hate for the Prince to go off to school...less music in my house. :) We have had some great times of family worship together since he came back. The music aspect has been wonderful. We can pull four parts when the Princess can hold her own on the melody, which she usually can! Everyday my kids are practicing piano and guitar with little prompting, but when the Father/Son duo sit down to play...pretty much everything else stops. We all love it.

Something that makes my heart smile is to hear my kids going about their business singing a hymn that they really didn't know until we came over here. This one the Princess was singing at the top of her lungs while helping me clean house, I'm sure you can picture it: "Come thou fount of every blessing, tune my heart to sing thy grace. Streams of mercy, never ceasing call for songs of loudest praise. Teach me some melodious sonnet sung by flaming tongues above! Praise the mount, I'm fixed upon it. Mount of thy redeeming love."




Thank you, Lord, for the gift of music.

No comments: