Saturday, July 23, 2011

Drive In Movies

One of the fun things we did as a family was to go to a double feature drive-in movie. I have great memories of this from my childhood. When I was young, you paid by the car...we had a Suburban! My mom would pop a garbage bag full of popcorn and make a cooler full of Kool*Aid. We would take blankets and pillows and PILE IN.

Here's an interesting piece of trivia...My very first job was at the concession stand at the Drive-In Theater in my home town.
The newest addition is a radio station...you don't have to pull a speaker into your car anymore. You just tune in. Cool.
When the sun goes down...the movie starts. This theater has three screens to choose from. We took lawn chairs and snacks.
The Littlest Family member was a trooper. She held on as long as she could and wasn't grumpy as long as she was with the "Cousins".

It was a good time and good memories.

No comments: