Friday, November 19, 2010

5 more sleeps!

When the Prince was young and before he had mastered the concept of time, we would tell him time in concept of Veggie Tale movies. One Veggie Tale (about 30 minutes) or 3 VTales. (and hour and a half).

Anyway. It worked for some things. But while driving with my mom in the backseat with him in his car seat, I remember hearing her tell him how long it would be 'til Christmas in the number of times he had to go to sleep (not nap). He thought about it and it made sense to him. So...we've always counted sleeps! We still do.

5 more sleeps 'til the Prince is home for a long weekend! WOOHOO! We are all excited. I hope he is!

After that, we begin the countdown to Christmas and then another important event which I'll tell you about later.

It's times like these that I wish I had access to all my pictures back in the states. In my mind I see a picture of the Prince about 5 or 6 years old wearing a "Larry Boy" hat and T-shirt making the face as if he was sending off one of his plungers! Sweet remembrances.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our family now counts in sleeps. Your mom is genius!!
I sent you an email that keeps coming back to me?? If you didn't get it let me know and I'll try again.
Love you and am way excited that your getting time with the man tub!!
flea

Terri said...

I know you guys will have a wonderful time together. Enjoy!