Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Reverse Language funny...

Mercy! I have been excited to tell you this...

Rarely, do I hear correct english. When I do, it's British english, usually.

One of my teachers has better english than the other...but they try, which helps me when I didn't understand their language at that moment. Teacher 1 is better than Teacher 2.

Also, they are trying to adopt a more "western" approach for the westerners in their classes...

So, today, Teacher 2 decided to have us come up to the blackboard and teach a portion of the lesson. After the first guy went, she was so excited about how well he did that she started clapping and yelling, "Uncle! Uncle! Uncle!"

When we didn't get it, she thought for a moment and then looked right at me and said, "I know Americans say this." It took me a minute to figure it out, and a classmate beat me to it."

His response was, "The word is French and it is 'ENCORE.'" He then explained it, but she still said Uncle.

Usually they are laughing at my mispronounciations of their language, but this time I was. I'm chuckling now as I write this. :)

No comments: